28 Jan Contracts Signed, Process Tracked, Claims Paid—eAssist Credentialing
Credentialing is so important and vital to any practice in regards to getting your claims paid and processed properly. Whether it be a new doctor entering your practice or wanting to become contracted with an insurance company, it can be a lengthy process and can take anywhere from 90-120 days after submitting your application for your contract to have a start date if wanting to enter a contract with a new insurance company. Many practices don’t have the extra time to begin the process when trying to handle the day to day processes of running a dental office. It can be a lengthy process and requires paperwork to be filled out with each insurance you want to become contracted with in order to make it happen. If you are needing to just add an associate, that is an easier process and requires a few forms to be filled out to add them to the practice address/TIN.
This is where you will be happy to hear that eAssist can handle your credentialing needs for you and lessen your stress! Our teams know exactly what papers need filled out and who to contact in order to get the process completed as well as tackling any issues that may arise during the process.
Here is a list of just a few things that you will need to gather to begin the credentialing process with a new insurance:
- Provider’s State License
- Malpractice/Professional Liability “Face Sheet”
- DEA License
- Biohazard License with expiration date
- Provider’s STate Pharmacy # with expiration date (if applicable in your state)
- CPR Certification with effective and expiration dates
- ACLS (if applicable)
- Current and updated resume that lists all your education information such as pre-dental, dental school, residency & internship, how many years you were in school and your degree earned; board certificates (if applicable for specialties);previous work history with contact info; any hospital affiliations; 3 peer references
Here is the link for our services and how to contact eAssist to obtain our credentialing services: Credetialing-2
Resources: eAssist webinar/brochure