06 Nov Code Tip: Ortho codes—unmasked
- The appliance is not easily removed by the patient,
- The device is not a day or night guard,
- The device is fixed with some type of bonding material, and
- It can be used for a habit breaking appliance for such habits as thumb sucking and tongue thrusting.
- The appliance is easily removed by the patient,
- It can be used for habit a breaking appliance for such habits as thumb sucking and tongue thrusting, and
- The device is not a day or night guard.
- Describes fabrication of removable retainers,
- Does not include monthly active orthodontic movement billing,
- Is usually billed as final payment at the end of active orthodontic treatment, and
- Means a separate code applies for a replacement retainer (D8692).
Dental Billing Tips and News for Pros; Edition #129